Assistance & Benefits Programs

  • Q: How do I apply for the Children’s Health Insurance Program?
  • A: You can apply for the Children’s Health Insurance Program, also known as CHIP, by visiting the CHIP homepage and clicking on “Apply Now.”
  • Q: How can I find out more about SNAP benefits (formerly food stamps)?
  • A: Use the SNAP Benefits Estimator to help you decide whether you should apply for SNAP. This website also provides you with more information about the application process.
  • Q: How do I learn more about unemployment benefits?
  • A: Visit the Texas Workforce Commission’s website. Here you’ll be able to apply for benefits, build your resume, and search job listings in Texas.
  • Q: How do I purchase a marriage license?
  • A: You can purchase a marriage license from your local County Clerk’s office. You can find that information at the Secretary of State’s website.