Texas Unclaimed Property
One in four Texans has unclaimed property from forgotten bank accounts, uncashed checks, security deposits and utility refunds. It’s your money, and we want you to get it back.
Texas is currently holding more than $2.2 billion in cash and other valuables waiting for the rightful owners to claim. It’s never too late to make a claim, and we are committed to ensuring hardworking Texans don’t lose a penny.
In 2010, the state returned more than $163 million to its owners. Find out what you may have been missing by searching our unclaimed property database.
You can also request searches by:
(512) 463-3120 (direct in Austin)
Note: there is a limit of three name searches when calling by phone.
(512) 936-6224 (direct in Austin)
Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
Unclaimed Property Claims Section
P.O. Box 12046
Austin, Texas 78711-2046
Include the following in your request:
- the name you would like searched,
- addresses in the Texas cities in which that person has lived,
- a social security number and
- current mailing address for claim purposes.