Foreign Nonprofit Corporation

File A Foreign Nonprofit Corporation

A foreign (out-of-state) nonprofit corporation that is conducting its affairs in Texas is required to file an application for registration with the Texas Secretary of State. The Secretary of State provides a form for the application for registration [Form 302].

Online filing of the application is provided through SOSDirect.

“Foreign nonprofit corporation” means a corporation not for profit organized under laws other than the laws of this State. Nonprofit corporations are subject to state franchise taxes. If the corporation qualifies for exemption, an application for exemption must be made to the Comptroller of Public Accounts.