Texas Franchise Tax Refunds

All taxpayers must provide the following information when requesting a refund of taxes paid in error directly from the Comptroller’s office:

  • Amended report. Write “AMENDED REFUND” at the top of each page if amendment results in an overpayment. Write “AMENDED RAR REFUND” if the amendment is an overpayment due to a Revenue Agent Report adjustment.
  • signed letter stating fully and in detail the reason for the amended return;
  • taxpayer name and number;
  • Power of Attorney (01-137) or other written authorization, if being represented by an authorized agent.
  • Final RAR date, if applicable; and
  • Date of claim must be postmarked within the statute of limitations.

Send franchise tax amended reports to:

Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
111 E. 17th Street
Austin, TX 78774-0100

For refund information related to Franchise Tax, please call (800) 531-5441, ext. 3-4559.