Elected by the people of Texas in 2006, Susan Combs serves as the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts. The Texas Comptroller’s office was originally created by the Texas provisional government in 1835. The Comptroller is the chief steward of the state’s finances, acting as tax collector, chief accountant, chief revenue estimator and chief treasurer for all of state government.
The Comptroller’s office is at your service. Contact us by phone or e-mail, or visit one of our 30 field offices.
- What the Comptroller’s Office Can Do For You (PDF, 3.8MB)
- Energy Conservation Plan
- Agency Strategic Plan for the Period 2011-2015
- Agency Work Force Plan for the Period 2011-2015
- Comptroller’s Judiciary Section Legislative Appropriations Request for Fiscal Years 2012-2013
- Comptroller’s Judiciary Section Operating Budget for 2010 (PDF, 1.4MB)
- Comptroller’s Legislative Appropriations Request for Fiscal Years 2012-2013
- Comptroller’s Operating Budget for 2010 (PDF, 1.06MB)
- Criminal Investigation Division
2010-2011 Biennial Savings Plans
- Comptroller’s 2010-11 Biennial Savings Plan (PDF, 6KB)
- Comptroller’s Judiciary Section 2010-11 Biennial Savings Plan (PDF, 52KB)
- Comptroller’s Fiscal Programs 2010-11 Biennial Savings Plan (PDF, 72KB)
The Texas Comptroller’s office is our state’s chief tax collector, accountant, revenue estimator and treasurer. In plain talk, that means we write the checks and keep the books for the multi-billion dollar business of state government.
As steward of the state’s finances, our agency serves every citizen in the state. We insist on strict accountability in the collection and expenditure of taxpayer dollars.
But our job doesn’t stop there. The Comptroller’s office provides a wide variety of assistance for business owners, local officials and individuals across the state.
- Are you a business owner or business taxpayer?
- Do you have a Historically Underutilized Business?
- Are you a local official?
- But what about the everyday Texan? How else can we serve you?
Want to know more? Get in touch!
To contact the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts,
Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts
P O Box 13528, Capitol Station
Austin, Texas 78711-3528
Explore Texas state government and the Comptroller’s services. Visit us online at www.window.state.tx.us.